크리퍼는 플레이어가 만든 대규모 건물을 파괴할 수 있다는 점 때문에 플레이어들 사이에서는 공포의 존재로 평가되고 있다. They are referenced in several of the items available at the Minecraft merchandise depot, and have become an internet meme complete with fanart, webcomic references, and demotivational posters. The meme has spawned the creeper's unofficial catchphrase, which references the mob's tendency to sneak up on the player and hiss before detonating:
"That'sssss a very nice ___________ (everything, house, wolf, etc.) you have there... It'd be a ssssshame if sssssomething were to happen to it..."
[편집] 음악 디스크
1.2버전 이후로는 크리퍼가 스켈레톤의 화살을 맞아도 스켈레톤을 공격하려 하지 않기 때문에, 음악 디스크를 얻기가 보다 쉬워졌다.
라이트닝 크리퍼 또한 음악 디스크를 떨어뜨린다.
한블럭 이내로 다가 왔을때 쉬익/지글 거리는 소음, 크기의 증가, 1.5초의 시간을 주고 폭발한다. 크리퍼가 폭발하기 전에 잡으면 폭발하지 않는다. 크리퍼는 평소에는 흙이나 잔디 위에서는 들을 수 있는 발자국 소리를 낸다. 그러나 떨어졌거나, 데미지를 받을 경우에는 예외이다. 크리퍼는 물에서 플레이어가 입수 했을 때 나는 소리도 낼 수 있다. 만약 플레이어를 발견하게 되면 빠른 속도로 접근한다.
크리퍼의 폭발은 플레이어가 폭발 범위(약 3-4 블록) 밖으로 도망쳐서 피할 수 있다. 치익거리는 소리는 크리퍼가 자신의 타이머를 리셋시킴에 따라 멈춘다 - 만약 크리퍼가 1초를 셌으면, 1초동안 "쿨다운" 할 것이다.
크리퍼들은 플레이어가 1블록짜리 벽 뒤에서 숨어 있어도 플레이어를 볼 수 있다면 폭발할 수 있다. 이는 보통 크리퍼가 플레이어를 바로 볼 수 있게 집이 울타리로 둘러져 있거나 1~2블록의 낮은 높이일 때에 해당된다. 크리퍼는 유리를 통해서는 플레이어를 직접 볼 수는 없다. 그래서 유리 블록으로 만든 벽 뒤에 크리퍼가 있다면 안전하다. 그렇지만 이는 추격 모드와 헷갈려서는 안된다. 추격 모드에서는 고체 블록들을 통해서도 플레이어를 감지할 수 있다. 그래서 밀폐된 공간에 있어도 감지를 한다. 크리퍼들은 햇빛에 타지 않으므로 플레이어를 '기다리다가' 안전하다고 생각하여 나올 때 공격할 수 있다.
If the player manages to block a creeper behind a soul sand one-way entrance, they can approach up to two blocks without triggering the countdown, but if they suddenly go into a sneaking position, the creeper will hiss and initialize the countdown. This demonstrates that creepers count down farther away if the player is at a lower elevation, and will only count down if much closer to a player are at a higher elevation - probably because players can outrun explosions at a higher altitude and are more shielded from the blast there.
[편집] 폭발 특징
특정 퍼센트의 확률로, 크리퍼에 의해 파괴된 블럭들은 소멸되지 않고, 수집할 수 있다.
'환경적 데미지'의 면에서, 폭발에 휘말린 물질이 단단할 수록 물질 뒤에 있는 어떠한 것에 덜 데미지를 줄 것이다.
[편집] 라이트닝 크리퍼
라이트닝 크리퍼(원명 : Charged Creeper)는 3-4블럭 이내에 떨어진 번개를 맞을시 생기는 몹입니다. 라이트닝 크리퍼는 자연적으로 스폰되지 않고 파란색 오로라로 라이트닝 크리퍼인 걸 알 수 있습니다. ( 그 파란색 오로라는 power.png 파일에있습니다). 크리퍼가 번개를 맞는건 굉장히 드물지만, 발견시 장거리무기로 공격하거나 높은곳으로 대피하는게 좋습니다. 이것은 특히 노말과 하드에서 플레이 할 때, 당신의 생존에 치명적일 것입니다. 라이트닝 크리퍼의 폭발은 즉시 당신을 죽일 것입니다. 라이트닝 크리퍼는 처음 번개를 맞을 때 데미지를 입기 때문에, 일반 크리퍼보다 체력이 적습니다. 라이트닝 크리퍼의 타이머는 범위와 시간 둘다 일반 크리퍼와 정확히 같습니다. 그러나 라이트닝 크리퍼의 폭발은 일반 크리퍼의 폭발보다 훨씬(약 2배) 셉니다(이미지 참고). 또한 대부분의 플레이어는 라이트닝 크리퍼를 가장 먼저 죽이거나 그로부터 멀어지기 위해 노력합니다. 일반 크리퍼보다도 더 건물과 구조, 지형에 큰 데미지를 입힐 수 있으므로, 강한 폭발 반경을 항상 염두에 두시기 바랍니다.
Swimming creepers can be easily dealt with using melee attacks while the player is underwater. Players can also take advantage of the creeper's countdown system by hitting it, retreating a few squares away, and repeating this until it dies. Alternatively, the player can find sufficiently high ground to strike a creeper from above with a melee weapon without the detonation sequence being activated. However, the player should keep in mind that creepers move forwards and to the right (your left) when in pursuit.
A creeper can be hit and knocked out of reach with the sprint hit ability. This allows a player to slowly work down a creepers health while remaining out of the explosion radius. Jumping and hitting a creeper while falling during a sprint will kill the creeper quickly while still keeping it out of reach.
A diamond sword can quickly dispatch a creeper with two successive hits, one right after the other. This is not a recommended tactic around multiple creepers, though it can be a lifesaver when exploring underground should a creeper suddenly fall down behind the player in dim, tight areas.
If a creeper is below the player, the player can suffocate a creeper (and many other mobs) by placing a block of sand or gravel above the creeper as long as the block they are placing is on a wall or a block in front of the player and above the target mob. It will usually take one to two blocks to cover the creeper and when it is covered, the creeper will slowly suffocate to death. This is a slow way of eliminating a creeper but it will keep the player out of harm's way and preserve the durability of their weapon.
If caught in a difficult place without a weapon, the player can run away if he or she is outdoors or tunnel down towards bedrock and wait for the creeper to de-spawn before surfacing. A failsafe is to set the difficulty to peaceful, removing all hostile mobs.
Due to creepers' natural stealth and potential hazards to the player and his/her structures, the player must remain vigilant at all times, especially in caverns and heavily wooded areas. Players are advised to keep a sword in their inventory to switch to at a moment's notice. To keep creeper populations down on the surface, a player in SSP can sleep in a sheltered, well-lit bed at dusk since creepers spawn regularly if given the chance to do so at night. Players on an SMP server with other players must coordinate to sleep, as all players must be in a properly lit bed after dusk to cycle the map to dawn.
Creepers' straightforward path finding tendencies can be used against them.
- Placing flowing water, when above the creeper, can push them away and/or prevent their movement toward the player.
- Placing lava between the player and the creeper is an easy way to eliminate them, but there is a very high chance that anything dropped will be burnt up immediately.
- The player can dig three-block-deep pits, lead the creeper towards them, and then hit it from above. While two blocks may seem sufficient to trap a creeper, there is a chance the creeper will be "boosted" up out of the pit when struck.
- This strategy has a couple of major drawbacks - it can be difficult to use on multiple creepers, and it is possible for the player to fall into his or her own pit while running backwards (the player is advised to block off the hole and tunnel downward if this happens).
- Walking behind a three block high cactus will cause the creeper to impale itself to death, but this will also destroy anything it drops.
[편집] 건축시 유의사항
- 유리 벽은 크리퍼의 매복하는 것을 막을 수 있습니다(그러나 유리는 폭발저항이 약하다는 단점이 있습니다.<저항 1.5>).
- 크리퍼는 팔이 없지만 사다리를 오를 수 있으므로 사다리를 유의하여 배치해야 합니다.
- 크리퍼 폭발로 인한 데미지를 줄이기 위해서는 횃불 등으로 건물 내외를 밝히는 것이 좋습니다.
- 건물의 경우, 폭발 저항이 큰 조약돌(30), 돌(30), 벽돌(30) 등으로 짓는 것이 좋습니다.
- 대부분의 폭발은 조약돌 등의 블록은 1칸만 파괴하지만, 모래, 흙, 자갈, 지옥석 등은 여러 칸을 파괴할 수 있어 그러한
블록으로 되어있는 지하 구조물은 큰 피해가 생길 수 있다는 것을 염두에 두시기 바랍니다.
- 다른 방법으로는, 건물들을 크리퍼의 폭발 반경 바깥의 땅으로 '들어 올려' 짓거나 깊은 바다나 호수의 표면에 짓는 것도
폭발 피해를 막기에 좋습니다.(물은 수영하는 크리퍼들의 거의 모든 폭발 데미지 흡수) **참고로 물과 용암은 구조물의 파괴는 완전히 막지만, 플레이어와 몹, 그리고 아이템 등에는 피해를 줄 수 있습니다.
- 옵시디언(흑요석)은 구하기 힘들지만 훌륭한 폭발 저항용 건축 자재 입니다.
- The most basic example is a 3x1x3 (length x width x height, so a total of 7 blocks required) frame around a main front entrance. With such a frame, the wooden doors may be blown off, but damage to the surrounding area should be relatively minimal.
- Having a 4x3x3 obsidian bed/panic room can be useful as a place to run to when being chased by multiple creepers.
- Stone slabs provide excellent defense against creeper explosions as well, and are considerably easier to obtain than obsidian. While a creeper will typically blow out the stone slab itself, the slab will prevent the explosion from damaging the underlying blocks, even if said underlying blocks are dirt or weaker material.
- Fencing provides a great way to protect holdings, provided that the player finds fencing aesthetically compatible with a given property.
- Surround a property with a simple cobblestone curtain with some mechanism for opening/closing the entry point.
- Care must be taken when exiting such a fortification, as creepers that are nearby or have targeted the player and are silently tracking them through the wall will set upon the player immediately. Any damage to this curtain is generally easier to repair than a more intricate building or other construction inside it.
- Wooden doors connected to a pressure plate on the inside, are a superb way to control access to a perimeter. The wooden door allows players to easily open and enter, and the pressure plate guarantees that the door is closed upon exiting.
- An iron door can be used in the same manner, but must incorporate a button on the outside. This can make it difficult for new players or players with less than optimum systems/data connections to navigate easily.
- Pressure plates should not be placed outside, as creepers can trigger them and enter the structure.
- Trapdoors will prevent creepers from climbing upwards, and are highly recommended in any situation where they have a chance to make an appearance.
- Soul Sand can be used to make a one-way door. By placing soul sand one block outside of an opening, the sinking effect prevents entry into a 1x2 doorway/opening. Players can circumvent this with a diagonal jump over the soulsand and into the doorway itself.
- Drawbridges made with sticky pistons can be employed to deny access to creepers. When used in conjunction with a wall or moat (see below), a drawbridge activated by a switch (not a pressure plate) will temporarily create passage for players as needed.
[편집] 특별한 방법
- Cactus can be grown in a checkerboard or diagonal formation to provide an effective deterrent for most mobs, including creepers. A creeper walking into cactus will take damage and eventually die. When using this strategy, it is best for the player to move in such as way as to keep cactus between themselves and the mob in question as they can weave through before taking lethal damage if their trajectory to the player is aligned properly.
- Basically, this is an inverse of the cactus checkerboard mentioned above. Creating a checkerboard pattern of holes 1 block by 3+ blocks deep will prevent single-block mobs from approaching player buildings. It will capture the mob and hold them in each hole. Undead mobs will burn when the sun is overhead, and creepers will despawn at noon. It is best to create deadfall fields at least 10 meters wide, and long enough to screen the entire property. Potential issues include capturing livestock and other players. Piston-based drawbridges or button activated doors can allow safe passage for players. An effective compromise is to to create "S" shaped paths through the fields. As mobs walk directly toward their active target, they will still fall into a hole while players can navigate the path safely.
- Deadfall Variants (all potentially lethal to players, so use caution)
- By placing water or lava in deadfall field pits, a player can protect their buildings while also disposing of the creeper entirely. Lava can be placed at the surface (1 block deep) or at the bottom of the 3+ deep pit. While highly dangerous to any player or mob, this will quickly eliminate any creeper threat. Any items dropped will of course be consumed by the lava.
- Cactus Deadfall Combination
- By widening the bottom of each deadfall hole and placing a sand block directly under the pit itself, cactus can be planted to damage anything falling into the hole. To accomplish this, the cactus must have clearance. The builder must ensure that there is only one block of space between the lowest pit opening and the cactus itself. This configuration requires more time, but can allow the player to access the lower area to collect loot (and cactus as they will break off when they attempt to grow upward).
- True Deadfall
- Though time consuming, a player can dig each pit deep enough to ensure creeper death on impact.
As an alternative to a deadfall field, a player can simply dig a moat encompassing their property, spanning it with bridges equipped with secured entries (Doors, pistons, etc). Moats can be dry, or filled with water/lava or lined with burning netherrack.
A 3 block deep dry moat will trap creepers, and a ladder with trap door can provide hapless players with a method to escape while preventing creepers from also doing so. Note: one caveat to simple dry moats, is the potential for a player to fall into a moat already containing creepers, resulting in explosion damage to the surrounding area.
Filling the moat with water can be more aesthetically pleasing, but the builder must ensure that the waterline is deeper than the lip of the moat to ensure creepers cannot escape once trapped. Water, as previously noted, has the side effect of mitigating block (but not entity) damage as well.
Filling a moat with lava has the same benefits and drawbacks as lava filled deadfalls, mentioned above.
- Piston Crusher
- With moats one or two meters wide, sticky pistons can be used to automatically or selectively crush mobs that fall into a trap. Depending upon the size of a given moat, this can be extremely resource and time intensive. One option is to combine this with water to channel creepers into the crusher itself. Another drawback is that in the event that a player somehow sets off a creeper inside or near the moat, the damage can be difficult to repair.
- Arrow Dispenser
- A dry moat lined with pressure plates wired to arrow filled dispensers is an expensive but effective and interesting method of dealing with creepers. One must ensure that the dispensers are periodically refilled. This method can also be configured for manual activation, an option that is less dangerous to players and easier to recover spent arrows and loot.
|0.24||Creepers were first introduced in on August 24, 2009, based on a failed pig model Notch had created. 크리퍼가 나타날때 텍스쳐가 초록색이지 않았습니다. (정확하지 않습니다)|
|1.4||The 'A' in the Minecraft logo now includes a Creeper face.|
|1.5||Creepers become charged when struck by lightning, increasing the explosion's radius and strength.|
|1.6||Mobs can no longer be attacked through door windows. Before this update, creepers (and other mobs) could be attacked through the windows of both iron and wooden doors as long as the doors were placed from the outside of the shelter.|
|1.8pre1||Creepers are much more deadly and will definitely kill an unarmored player if in a radius of 4 to 5 blocks around the Creeper. This damage is also difficulty-independent.|
|1.8||어드벤쳐 업데이트 때 새로 추가된 달리기를 사용하며 몹을 때릴 경우 크리퍼는 폭발 시도 범위 밖으로 벗어날 것입니다.|
|Sound Update||크리퍼 폭발은 새로운 효과음을 가집니다.|
|1.9pre5||크리퍼와 기타 적대적 몹들은 크리에이티브 모드에서 플레이어를 공격하려고 시도하지 않습니다.|
|1.2.3||인공지능 업데이트 이후로, 크리퍼는 자신을 공격한 다른 적대적 몹들을 공격하려 하지 않습니다. 이 업데이트 이전엔, 스켈레톤의 화살에 맞은 크리퍼가 스켈레톤을 공격하여 분화구를 만들 것입니다. 이 이유로 음악 디스크 를 얻기가 더 힘들었습니다.|
|12w30a||크리퍼의 데미지를 난이도에 따라 변하게 만들었습니다. 난이도에 따른 크리퍼 데미지: 쉬움에서는 ~50% 더 적은 데미지, 보통에서는 이전과 같은 데미지, 그리고 어려움에서는 ~33% 더 강력한 데미지를 줍니다. "다이아몬드 갑옷 풀셋 + 어려움 난이도일 경우 크리퍼는 당신의 체력을 2칸까지 떨어뜨릴 것입니다."
크리퍼가 블럭에 주는 데미지는 난이도에 따라 변하지 않습니다.
|12w38b||새로운 크리퍼 추락 메커니즘 추가; 만일 크리퍼가 특정 고도에서 플레이어에게 떨어질 경우 폭발할 것이다.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
When the ability to sprint and hit mobs was introduced in Beta 1.8, creepers could be quickly knocked out of detonation range by an unarmed player.
[편집] 그 외 사소한 것
- Like all explosions, if a creeper detonates whilst surrounded/in water, its explosion has no effect on blocks, but will still cause damage to entities.
- Creepers are the only mob that a tame wolf won't attack.
- It is possible to detonate a creeper without taking damage.
- Strangely, even with their explosive properties and the fact that they drop gunpowder when killed, Creepers will not detonate when exposed to lava or fire.
- The Minecraft profile picture on Facebook is that of a creeper's face.
- Creepers were given a new taking damage sound after the Halloween Update.
- Creepers swell up and grow in size before exploding.
- As a creeper approaches a player, it tends to circle to their right (player's left). This behavior – which is also seen in skeletons – makes them slightly more challenging to kill than many other mobs, particularly if the player is using a sword or other melee distance tool rather than a bow.
- A creeper's fuse countdown lasts a little longer if it encounters a cobweb, buying a little time for a player to flee if they are low on health.
- In SMP, if a creeper is attacked by another player, and the other player runs out of sight, it will not attack any other players.
- Creepers have a separate "armor"- when they are normal creepers, being their un-armored state, the charged field of electricity when hit by lightning being their armor.
- Despite having no arms, creepers can climb up ladders.
- Rarely, most likely a bug, Creepers may not disappear after exploding, and thus, giving them a chance to detonate once more.
- There is a possibility that a creeper's countdown timer will not decrement, thus creating a "peaceful" creeper. However, in most cases, attacking the creeper will cause its countdown timer to revert and blow up the creeper (and probably you).
- ↑ http://twitter.com/notch/status/27464490580
- ↑ http://www.minecraft.net/merch.jsp
- ↑ http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/minecraft-creeper/
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/28/mad-tackles-memes-with-thunderlolcats_n_985679.html
- ↑ Dinnerbonetweet:227339500941082626